3 Bowies walk into a bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarrabah View Post
    The ugly bastard has been sheathed and sharpened, it's great fun trimming the shrubbery with it

Nice, really like the contour of rhe guard you put on it๐Ÿ‘

Comment

Originally posted by mitch13 View Post

Nice, really like the contour of rhe guard you put on it๐Ÿ‘
      Thanks, Mitch

wasn't really sure how I was going to shape this one (first G10 guard), but I like it, the other Bowie, the one I didn't bugger up the grind on, will have a similar style, in Ti

The seemingly missing pins through the guard, are just short pins, once this blade has been tested to destruction, I plan on taking the guard and handle, off the rotting corpse, and will put it on something else

Comment

that'll work mate, good save on the handle

looks like it would be a fun user/abuser

Comment

Thanks, Mark

Because the blade was ground so thin, it came out of the stainless baggy, with the edge looking like a crinkle cut chip

I got most out with clamps in the temper oven, but if you run your fingers down the bevels, you can feel the contours, but, the first knife of any given steel, is always destined for a crash test dummy lifestyle, once the properly ground version is done, I'll see how this handles life on the wild side

Comment

Originally posted by Tarrabah View Post
            Thanks, Mark

Because the blade was ground so thin, it came out of the stainless baggy, with the edge looking like a crinkle cut chip

I got most out with clamps in the temper oven, but if you run your fingers down the bevels, you can feel the contours, but, the first knife of any given steel, is always destined for a crash test dummy lifestyle, once the properly ground version is done, I'll see how this handles life on the wild side

Why are you constantly whinging?
            You finally have a knife to crincle cut your potato chips!

Comment

Got around to working on the "good" Bowie's handle today, thought I'd try something different for the finger groove, I dropped a 22mm end mill almost all the way through,

was quietly crappin' myself, but it worked well

red G10 and nickel silver bits for a bit of bling, handle is very comfortable, only rubbed the handle back to 120gt, will take it up to probably 320gt before it's done

Comment

Turned out good๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Comment

Thanks, Mitch

some instavid of the butt clenching part https://www.instagram.com/p/CW4-auHPI3i/

Comment

Working...
                  X