Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do when you see a Fake Spyderco on eBay!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do when you see a Fake Spyderco on eBay!!

Hi Guys

What to do when you see a Fake Spyderco on eBay!!

I know that seeing fake Spydies for sale really gets up the noses of the Spyderholics on the forum.

Gnashing your teeth, bitching and complaining on this forum does little other than help you vent a some steam.

Well, there is something positive that you can do!

Go to the Spyderco Forum and then to the "Spyderco-like knock-offs, "replicas" and fakes" sub forum. Post the details in the "eBay fakes" thread. You will need to join the forum to post the info. I doubt that would be difficult for the Spyderholics here to be exposed to like minded addicts from all over the world and I would not be surprised if some of you are already members there.

This particular thread is monitored by Spyderco staff and they use the information posted there to take action against the sellers.

If the fake is elsewhere there is plenty of scope to raise the details in that sub forum, or to even raise it as a question if you are not quite sure about the bona fides of a particular knife.

So, do your bit to protect the knives that you love so much and make that post.

I would also like you to continue to post the details of the listings of suspected fake Spydies here to protect your fellow members of the ABF.

Regards Dutchy
    Collector

Australian Military Knives

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws."
    Plato (427-347 BC)

"In politics stupidity is not a handicap."
    Napoleon Bonaparte

"The danger is not that a particular class is unfit to govern: every class is unfit to govern."
    Lord Acton (1834–1902)

[email protected]

hey dutchy357 are these fakes on e bay sold in Australia by local seller?have 2 of the aussie sold knives they seem real have had them apart and they have date engraving on them and seem genuine.cheers buff

Comment

Not all Spyderco knives on Ebay sold by locals are fakes, there are plenty of real ones but, naturally there is always a scumbag or three trying to rip people off.

If in doubt about ANY knife you see there, post the details on the forum and the experts can probably tell you if it's the real deal or not.
      Quantum physics is a bit of a passion of mine. It's extraordinary. There's a branch of mathematics that is based on lunacy, and that's wonderful.

- Bob Hoskins -

[email protected]

Associate member: Australian Knifemakers Guild

Comment

How do you tell apart a fake?

Comment

Couple of easy ways to start:

Price - If you see one for sale for $40 or similar, it's probably fake.
          Looks dodgy - go to Spyderco website or reputable dealer and compare a pic there of the one on ebay. Does it look EXACTLY the same, especially things like the logo.

Quantum physics is a bit of a passion of mine. It's extraordinary. There's a branch of mathematics that is based on lunacy, and that's wonderful.

- Bob Hoskins -

[email protected]

Associate member: Australian Knifemakers Guild

Comment

Working...
          X