Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Following Etiquette

Hi ABF community,
    After browsing (lurking) through the forum, I discovered that it's proper to say a quick hello and thought I should follow suit.

Whilst I am quite new to ABF, signing up a year or so ago yet only actively visiting the forums in the last week, I have been a member or bladeforums.com since 2005, back when the local community was the Asian and Australian Knife Community. I have just recently become interested in collecting again, the bug has bitten and I have already made my first purchase via the exchange, and look forward to making many more.

I've been absent for several years and only now catching up on the new restrictions regarding folding knives i.e. one handed openers, flick tests etc, and it's come as quite a shock and major disappointment, however through this forum I hope to acquire many more high quality blades which I am now hesitant to even attempt to purchase from overseas, in fear that a simple thumb stud or axis-lock will render my name blacklisted by Australian Customs. Within one week of actively browsing ABF, I am already having to practise alot of restraint, because I want to catch up on everything I've missed out on, and all those quality knives with which have become that much more scarce over the years... I honestly thought they would always be around.

I look forward to sharing my collection with you in the future, and possibly attending future shows if they come about, as well as gaining further knowledge, and connections within a community whom share a similar passion.

p.s. please do not judge me by my username, I realise that nowadays this name bears negative connotations, particularly in Sydney, it is a username I have used since I first connected to the internet as a teenager, and for ease of remembrance, it is the name I use in every online forum I have ever joined, even if in hindsight it does come across somewhat immature to me now, but it's certainly easier for one to remember when usernames are consistent.

Thanks... cannot wait to add to my collection, already addicted to refreshing the exchange pages constantly.

Welcome to ABF Infamous And i know the exchange will help your collection grow and grow and grow

Comment

Originally posted by infamous View Post
      p.s. please do not judge me by my username, I realise that nowadays this name bears negative connotations, particularly in Sydney, it is a username I have used since I first connected to the internet as a teenager, and for ease of remembrance, it is the name I use in every online forum I have ever joined, even if in hindsight it does come across somewhat immature to me now, but it's certainly easier for one to remember when usernames are consistent.
      Welcome. I think you are confusing infamous with notorious...otherwise I have missed the reference and I am from Sydney. There are plenty of folders available on the exchange. You just have to check the forum every minute you are are awake otherwise you will be beaten to the sale

Comment

Good to see another person saying hello properly . You are all good in my books .

Comment

Welcome ,look forward to you showing off your collection.
          ​​​​​​Knife Mads Gear ABF
          OKS by Shane Facebook

Comment

Welcome buddy... looking forward to seeing your collection. Love photos!!!

Comment

You're right, I did confuse infamous with notorious... thanks for correcting me, even still I was a little concerned infamous could be percieved negatively and thought if I said hello properly instead of just lurking and buying, it would work in my favor when I post in the wanted forum and attempt to pursuade others to part with some of their shiny, sharp stuff .

Comment

I find the wanted section a bit hit and miss. It all seems to come down to whether you can dangle a big enough worm to make them bite on the hook. Problem is the bigger the worm, the smaller the hook feels .

I used to know a guy in PC gaming named Infamous - mad as a bunch of snakes but a top bloke in a firefight.

Comment

Gday infamous welcome back out of the dark , I hope you enjoy getting back into it and chasing some of those knives your looking for.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
                    Australian Knife Magazine
                    Editor

Comment

welcome to ABF mate

Comment

Hello and welcome mate, good to see you have the right etiquette, best of luck on your collection

Comment

Welcome!!

Welcome infamous

I am sure your collection will soon make up for lost time!

Looking forward to seeing some images of your collection.

Dutchy
                          Collector

Australian Military Knives

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws."
                          Plato (427-347 BC)

"In politics stupidity is not a handicap."
                          Napoleon Bonaparte

"The danger is not that a particular class is unfit to govern: every class is unfit to govern."
                          Lord Acton (1834–1902)

[email protected]

Comment

Hi mate, welcome to ABF!

Comment

Thanks all, appreciate the warm welcome.
                              Look forward to sharing what I've acquired... this would be post #5 so I should be good to go soon I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X