Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings ABF!

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself to this wonderful community of enthusiasts. My name is Luke, I'm from Sydney and well, what can I say, I love knives. My father was an avid collector of knives and a lover of all things outdoors and now his passion lives on through me. I'm just now starting to take a serious look into being a knife owner, not just owning a knife. Throughout my indoctrination into the outdoors I've tried to weave myself into as many outdoor/adventure/survivalist/gear boards as I can to gain knowledge and perspective from the experts. I've learned a ton through my online travels and hope I can be useful on this board. At the very least, I'll try to impart as my knowledge as I can to help this community. Granted though, I'm no aficionado, I just started my collection with a humble first folder: Sog flash I and I'm waiting for delivery for my first fixed blade: Fallkniven f1.

I look forward to meeting and getting to know you all, and thanks for taking the time to read my little intro

Luke H

Hello and welcome Luke, plenty of great info, advice and people here at ABF, hang around and i can say 100% your collection will grow very quickly!

Great first folder the Flash I, one of the Hall of Fame folders for sure, same with a Falkniven f1.

Comment

Welcome mate,
      It's a slippery slope to waking up one day with an Ammo can full of different knives and bits and pieces.

You're amongst a great community here, the vibe and the way everyone interacts here is found in very few places on the interwebz.

Comment

Welcome aboard Luke.
        Peter Del Raso
        Life Member
        Australian Knifemakers Guild

Comment

Welcome mate. Everyone starts somewhere. Enjoy!

Comment

Welcome to the forum mate, and I think you will be very happy with your first purchases.
            Sounds like you have a lot to contribute!
            KK
            Australian Knife Magazine
            Editor

Comment

Gday Luke, welcome to the Abf, I hope you enjoy it, there's sure to be plenty of topics you can get involved with.

Comment

Welcome aboard
                Stewart Townsend
                Australian Knifemakers Guild

https://www.facebook.com/townsendcustomknives

The plural of knife is knives.
                One knife.
                Two knives.
                The plural possessive is knives'.

Comment

Welcome!!

Welcome Luke

I am sure you will feel right at home here!

Dutchy
                  Collector

Australian Military Knives

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws."
                  Plato (427-347 BC)

"In politics stupidity is not a handicap."
                  Napoleon Bonaparte

"The danger is not that a particular class is unfit to govern: every class is unfit to govern."
                  Lord Acton (1834–1902)

[email protected]

Comment

Hi Luke, the F1 was my first fixed blade too. A top-notch little blade. Good choice.
                    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman: Homer J Simpson.

Comment

Welcome to ABF Luke I hope we can help your collection grow and grow

Comment

Gidday Luke, welcome to the forum. BTW I love the username, pity our hoplophobic politicians didn't embrace that most important constitutional right (IMHO the right to keep and bear arms is an inalienable right, and all citizens should be able to exercise that RIGHT WITHOUT politician/political interference)
                        wave man AKA Dean
                        my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC22..._as=subscriber
                        "I will never make excuses for who I am. It's the way I was born. I am a Hunter a Bone Collector."
                        "A gun, like any source of power is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it"

Comment

Working...
                        X