Calico Forge Down Under

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calico Forge Down Under

Well, I'm finally on Australian Blade Forums and learning my way around. Of course it's 12:12 am here in the states (Idaho, mountain time) but I assume everyone here Down Under is wide awake! Glad to be here and will start browsing around and joining discussions (or just reading). Thanks!

Andy

Calico Forge.

Welcome Andy! Many fans of your great knives here.
    "Collecting is the sort of thing that creeps up on you..." - Paul Mellon

Comment

Welcome Andy... good to have you here!

Comment

Gday Andy, welcome to the Abf. I hope you enjoy it hear , i'm looking forward to learning a lot more about your knives.

Comment

Welcome to ABF Andy I hope you enjoy your time here

Comment

Come on down Andy, welcome aboard.
            Peter Del Raso
            Life Member
            Australian Knifemakers Guild

Comment

Welcome mate

Comment

Welcome to ABF Andy.

Comment

I'm a very new fan of your work. I don't know where to buy any of em yet, and the one I really want is a door kicker dagger...but I'm hanging for more pics and discussion about your blades!

Comment

Hi Andy, welcome to ABF, from one of your biggest fans.

Always looking for Calico Forge Knives

Comment

@ Alex: Very nice! Can you see the family resemblance? The Mk46 & X46 are brothers. The Mk46 is the older brother of course. The Mk48 looks better in your photos than it does mine, Ha! Thanks for sharing this!

Comment

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate it and plan on engaging in some "knife talk" here on ABF. I hope to broaden my perspective on how I look at knives while I'm here on ABF: It's very difficult to do that in the "States". I needed to punch through my comfort zone and get to know the folks that are interested in my work, half way around the world! Subsequently, I love to talk about all kinds of knives and designs but what is most interesting to me is those that use them. I'm glad to be here.

Andy

Comment

Welcome mate. What I really like about your gear are the small concealables with g10. Also the kydex that you supply with the smaller knives. I have one in the tanto version on my wishlist.

Comment

Good to have you here Andy!
                            Looking forward to learning more about your knives!
                            Australian Knife Magazine
                            Editor

Comment

Thanks Irezumi,

G10 is great to work with (providing you don't breath it). Kydex "can" be easy to work with but the way my sheaths are designed, they are sort of a pain to build. But I like the results so I keep doing it this way. I have a new sheath design I will be posting in the near future. Once I work the bugs out of it.......

Comment

Working...
                              X