Hi from North QLD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from North QLD

Hi I am not a collector and don't know much about making knives. I just have a few types for use myself, nothing really of note except a Becker camp knife, couple longer version OKC machettes and a custom made grossmesser. Main reason for joining was wondering where best place might be to ask for help/doability of grinding an OKC machete blade to give it a better edge and clip point , and sharpen the above messer. Thanks if someone could point me in that direction or to the door if I am in the wrong place

Hi and welcome. I think you mean, you're not a collector... yet. Pull up a chair. Stick around and you might be turned. In relation to the grinder question, plenty of people quite knowledgeable about that sort of think in the makers area.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman: Homer J Simpson.

Comment

Welcome aboard sixtus.

Don't be tempted to take your blades to any sharpening businesses, they will stuff them for sure. Best to go to a local maker for the work you want. Wait for a few more posts and I am sure one will put up his hand to help you out.
      Peter Del Raso
      Life Member
      Australian Knifemakers Guild

Comment

Welcome to the forum mate, I'm sure you'll find the info you want here.

Comment

Hey sixtus, welcome to ABF from another fellow Queenslander. Where exactly are you mate? If around the Cairns area I might be able to help. Either way, hope you enjoy your time here at ABF, cheers

Comment

Welcome to ABF sixtus I think someone will help with this more then likely depending on your location

Comment

Gday sixtus, welcome to the Abf, every collector must start some where, and finding the Abf is a good place to start. Putting a new grind on the Ontario should not be a problem, but I'd be careful with reshaping the blade.

Comment

Gday sixtus, welcome to the Abf, every collector must start some where, and finding the Abf is a good place to start. Putting a new grind on the Ontario should not be a problem, but I'd be careful with reshaping the blade.

Comment

Thanks all much appreciated. Woz I work between cairns and townsville so that would be great if you can help. Im currently out west for the week, whats the best method of contacting you?

Comment

Hi sixtus

Welcome to the forum.

I think jt75 said it the best "you're not a collector....yet!"

Hang around here long enough and we'll soon fix that!!

Dutchy
                    Collector

Australian Military Knives

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws."
                    Plato (427-347 BC)

"In politics stupidity is not a handicap."
                    Napoleon Bonaparte

"The danger is not that a particular class is unfit to govern: every class is unfit to govern."
                    Lord Acton (1834–1902)

[email protected]

Comment

Hi sixtus, will send you a PM mate

Comment

Working...
                      X