Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy from Oregon.

Howdy ABF!
    My name is Dale Vincent; I met Dutchy and gajinoz on AAPK (All About Pocket Knives) in the US, where I am an administrator. The bad thing about being the administrator on a pocket knife site is that it takes so much time I don’t have a lot of time to look at other knife sites, or time to get out into the shop to work on broken knives.

It appears that you have a great forum here and I can’t wait to get to know it better. The awesome thing about small forums is that you have time to get to know people and you can read all the posts every day.

I can’t guarantee I will be able to spend a lot of time here because of my duties at AAPK and the burning desire to repair & customize knives, but I will try to pop in once and a while and say “howdy,” which I think is pronounced “gday” in Australia.

Y’all take care!

Another Oregonian. "Good on you" as they say. Just now I'm in Seattle, but I'll be back in Oregon shortly - Portland to Vale and back.
    UBUNTO
    "If you don't like my peaches, don't you shake my tree." Doc Watson

Comment

Welcome orvet, nice to see you made it over. Drop in when you can.

We'd certainly be keen to see some pics of the knives you're working on when you can.
      Quantum physics is a bit of a passion of mine. It's extraordinary. There's a branch of mathematics that is based on lunacy, and that's wonderful.

- Bob Hoskins -

[email protected]

Associate member: Australian Knifemakers Guild

Comment

Welcome to ABF Dale

Comment

Welcome to ABF. I've been a big Fan of AAPK for a few years found the information on your site to be invaluable .
          ​​​​​​Knife Mads Gear ABF
          OKS by Shane Facebook

Comment

Gday Dale, welcome it's great to have you here. I look forward to some photos of your collection.

Comment

Thank you for the warm welcome.
              Since I can't post pictures yet and you would like to see some, I could post a link to my gallery on AAPK.
              I don't think that is against any forum rules, so if you would like to see some of my collection and some of the knives I have modified you can click here:
              http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/...p?album_id=150

I think all the knives in my gallery are ones I have customized. I love to take old knives and breath new life in them by adding new handles, replacing broken blades or getting crazy and redesigning the knife. Many of these knives were in pretty rough shape before I started on them and they do not end up looking like brand new knives, but I try to restore some dignity to some of these magnificent old knives!

I hope you enjoy looking at my work, and if I have unknowingly broken a forum rule by posting the link, please accept my apology and please have a Moderator remove it.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Comment

No problem with the link. Something for all to enjoy.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 4
                Quantum physics is a bit of a passion of mine. It's extraordinary. There's a branch of mathematics that is based on lunacy, and that's wonderful.

- Bob Hoskins -

[email protected]

Comment

Which part of OR mate ??? I know the state pretty well and still have close friends around Creswell/Eugene/Springfield.

Comment

Dale,

I'm only a newbie here on ABF but I'd also like to extent a welcome to you to the forum!

Glad you're here Cobber!

Kind regards

Chris

Comment

G'day and Welcome to the Forum bloke.

Paul.
                      God sat back and said,Pauls,what is the meaning of life bloke?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                        Which part of OR mate ??? I know the state pretty well and still have close friends around Creswell/Eugene/Springfield.
                        I have lived in Salem mostly for the last 15 years with one year on the coast at Waldport.
                        I lived in Creswell & Eugene until the 5th grade and we moved to Ashland, I spent the rest of my youth growing up on a ranch in the mountains East of Ashland on Dead Indian Road. I have lived all over the West side of Oregon. I have been here all my life except about 4 years in the Marine Corps. The closest I got to Australia was Vietnam & Thailand, although I may have been closer when I was in the hospital in the Philippines or on the Medevac flight home when we stopped briefly at Wake & Midway Islands, (I am not sure if they are closer to Australia than the Philippines without checking a map).

Andy, did you live in Oregon or just visit?

Comment

I visited Oregon on one of my American trips. Stayed with some people near Portland and they took me for a few drives through the countryside. Beautiful country.

- Bob Hoskins -

[email protected]

Comment

Welcome!!

Hi Dale

Welcome to he ABF.

I am sure you will enjoy your visits "Down Under"

Awesome work that you have done with those knives!

Dutchy
                            Collector

Australian Military Knives

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws."
                            Plato (427-347 BC)

"In politics stupidity is not a handicap."
                            Napoleon Bonaparte

"The danger is not that a particular class is unfit to govern: every class is unfit to govern."
                            Lord Acton (1834–1902)

[email protected]

Comment

JUst visiting but have spent a good couple of months there over the years. I have only visited Salem once (and they had to convince me that there were no Witch burnings there - see my history was off - just in case I got the float test). I came close to moving to the Eugene area in 2001 and was offered a Govt job in Salem in 2006.

Andy

Comment

Working...
                              X