• gajinoz
    replied
    Re: Hiya all

Welcome to the forum Ben.

Leave a comment:

• knife_lover
    started a topic Hiya all

Hiya all

This is a great and exciting start to 2011. A new forum!! My name is Ben Mills, I am 38yrs old. I am a single father of 2 kids (7yrs and 5yrs). They are the light of my life. I am a Registered Nurse who works in Intensive Care. I am a collector of military knives and bayonets. I like the WW1 through to WW2 period, but not exclusively. I am also a professional drummer. I also enjoy constructing my own leather sheaths as some of my knives that I collect have seen some serious use and quite often the sheaths are knackered. I am waiting with baited breath for the BTAA to start accepting memberships. I am also very sad as AKC will be finishing this April I do believe. I live in Perth, W.A. My grandfather was in artillery at Gallipoli and the Western Front in WW1 and survived. I just recently purchased my first book on knifemaking...waiting for it to arrive (whether I actually MAKE one is a different story altogether). I am not a huge custom knife fan but I appreciate the work and art that goes into them. I have a lot of respect for knife artisians as it is NOT easy I would think. Military knives have this "no frills" and "functionality" quality to them. They are basic and hard wearing. Well, thats me...thanks guys!! Ben Mills.
Working...
X