hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello

Hello, My name is David I am an expat from USA. I am also a recoverering "gun wacko" who is now looking for a new direction for my obesessive compulsive behavior.
    This new edge fascintion started with me looking for a hatchet. I found something I had never heard of a "chopper". With investagation I found myself learning of different metals, heat tratments and grinds.
    I am now about 2 months into to this and have plans for about 6 or 7 knives. A few days ago I bought a EESE 5. It took me a few weeks to choose between the ESEE 5 and a Becker BK2. The next knife will probably be a large blade, 9+. I bet that might also take awhile.....am I ramblaling.
    My kids dont know and my wife dont care. It is good to have a forum with like minded people. See ya around, David

Welcome along David,

YOu have arrived at the right place! Enjoy.

Matt
    Member Australian Knife Makers Guild
    Brook Knives Australia on Facebook

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
      Quantum physics is a bit of a passion of mine. It's extraordinary. There's a branch of mathematics that is based on lunacy, and that's wonderful.

- Bob Hoskins -

[email protected]

Associate member: Australian Knifemakers Guild

Comment

Welcome David.

Comment

Welcome aboard mate!

You're certainly off to a good start...the Esee 5 is a great knife...and so is the BK2...

You'll know when you're completely hooked though...you'll be buying both! lol

Cheers
          Weapon - Intent = Tool!
          Tool + Stupidity = Legislation!

Comment

Welcome David, you'll find everyone very helpful and willing to share.
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nadle...6069796?ref=hl

Comment

Welcome David! Plenty of great choppers on the market at the moment mate, and you'll love it here at ABF!
              "Collecting is the sort of thing that creeps up on you..." - Paul Mellon

Comment

Welcome bloke.

Paul.
                God sat back and said,Pauls,what is the meaning of life bloke?

Comment

Welcome to the forum David.

If you're looking for a large 10" chopper, you really can't go past Competition Choppers (made for and approved by Blade Sport International). These are specifically made to chop through 4"x2" as well as hanging rope, cut the tops of "bendy straws" etc and do it all again without any damage or fatigue. Browning makes a very good, economical example at about $160 (Urban Conquest has one in stock) or if you really want something special, get one of our competitors/makers to make you one in CPM M4 - you won't regret it!

Cheers,
                  KK
                  Last edited by KnifeKnut; 16-05-2012, 11:14.
                  Australian Knife Magazine
                  Editor

Comment

Gidday David, welcome to the forum
                    wave man AKA Dean
                    my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC22..._as=subscriber
                    "I will never make excuses for who I am. It's the way I was born. I am a Hunter a Bone Collector."
                    "A gun, like any source of power is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it"

Comment

Welcome to the forum David.

Stefan

Comment

Working...
                      X