new, in Brisbane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new, in Brisbane

Hey there. I have been a knife enthusiast since I got my first pocketknife as a boy. I have been training in various martial arts, both eastern and western, fir nany years.
    I currently train in Renaissance rapier fencing and medieval swordzand longsword.
    I have tried my hand at knife making, and made a lot of training weapons, especially in timber. I just don't have a workshop or shed at the moment.

I am currently looking for a Spanish navaja. Last weekend u held a Cold Steel x2 voyager, but they 're apparently discontinued from years ago. I am considering the CS espada (medium as the others are just too big).
    The other option is making my own, if only I could find the hardware such as springs, levers, rivets and screws etc!

Knives in my collection include:
    CS recon tanto (carbon V), a Buffalo River toothpick, a couple of Kizlyar (Strazh and Vityaz), a Benchmade rescue hook for climbing, and my favourite and EDC is a S&W tactical folder tanto.

James

Hi Tengu

Welcome to the forum.

You have certainly come to the right place if you want to get in to knife making. The skills of many of the members here are awesome and they are very willing to assist newbies.

Don't be backward about showing us the knives in your collection. Just go to the Gallery, there is a sub forum "Your Collection" just for people to show off their knives.

Regards Dutchy
    Collector

Australian Military Knives

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws."
    Plato (427-347 BC)

"In politics stupidity is not a handicap."
    Napoleon Bonaparte

"The danger is not that a particular class is unfit to govern: every class is unfit to govern."
    Lord Acton (1834–1902)

[email protected]

Comment

Welcome aboard
      Stewart Townsend
      Australian Knifemakers Guild

https://www.facebook.com/townsendcustomknives

The plural of knife is knives.
      One knife.
      Two knives.
      The plural possessive is knives'.

Comment

Gidday James, welcome to the forum from another Brisbanite.
        wave man AKA Dean
        my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC22..._as=subscriber
        "I will never make excuses for who I am. It's the way I was born. I am a Hunter a Bone Collector."
        "A gun, like any source of power is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it"

Comment

Working...
        X