Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACT Newbie

Hi Guys,

I'm a 14 year old student from the ACT, obviously new to ABF and fairly new to knifemaking and related topics. I am particularly interested in knifemaking. Being a scout I currently own two knives. A SAK and a small Swiss + Tech Multitool. I'm interested in all blade topics but as stated, particularly knifemaking. I am looking to maybe make a folding knife in the near to mid future. Thanks.

Welcome mate
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nadle...6069796?ref=hl

Comment

Thanks James.

Comment

Welcome to the forum mate!
        You're never too young to start, I was about 12 years old when I made my first knife (with Dad's help ;-).
        KK
        Australian Knife Magazine
        Editor

Comment

Thanks KK.

Comment

welcome aboard
            Stewart Townsend
            Australian Knifemakers Guild

https://www.facebook.com/townsendcustomknives

The plural of knife is knives.
            One knife.
            Two knives.
            The plural possessive is knives'.

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

You should talk to forum member Cubane who can tell you all about folder making classes.
              Quantum physics is a bit of a passion of mine. It's extraordinary. There's a branch of mathematics that is based on lunacy, and that's wonderful.

- Bob Hoskins -

[email protected]

Associate member: Australian Knifemakers Guild

Comment

Thanks Stewart.

Comment

Thanks Gajinoz, I will try to talk to Cubane. Thanks for the info.

Comment

welcome mate i'm from the ACT too, i'm happy to show you a trick or two. yeah talk to cubane he makes a good folder

Comment

G'day there, Yeah I guess I am one of the go to guys on making folders What sort of stuff are you interested in? I have been concentrating mostly on slipjoints and multi-blades but have done a couple of locking folders too. I don't have dates for the next course available yet. It will be sometime after the Adelaide Show maybe early in the next year even.

If you have any question feel free to start a thread somewhere and I am sure you'll get plenty of answers.

Alistair.
                      --
                      Alistair Phillips
                      Spare time knife maker - Designer of the Spyderco Kapara
                      http://www.alistairphillipsfolders.com

Comment

Gidday nhpickles9, welcome to the forum
                        wave man AKA Dean
                        my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC22..._as=subscriber
                        "I will never make excuses for who I am. It's the way I was born. I am a Hunter a Bone Collector."
                        "A gun, like any source of power is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it"

Comment

Thanks Cubane, I'm mainly interested in locking folders but maybe this is a but complicated to start with? Anyway, thanks everyone for welcoming me and I'll be sure to start a thread for any questions I have.

Cheers

Pickles

Comment

Working...
                          X