Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long lost knife returned

G'day all
    Just joined today as I need some info from the knife people. Had a knife returned to me on Wednesday that I hadn't seen for nearly 20 years and thought lost.
    I did my apprenticeship as a motor mechanic in the bush and used to have to clean out vehicles that had been traded in. I found a knife and was told it was a Green River, never thought anymore about it untill yesterday and after cleaning it up a bit it actually doesn't say Green River. It has the word Gregory and a date above " Made In Australia ".
    Anyone here have any ideas? I can't find anything about Gregory knives apart from an industrial blade maker and my email bounces back when trying to contact them.
    The item has a 7" long blade that is quite swept back and from experience I had helping my father kill our own meat I think it is a skinning knife.
    It is extremely sharp and some slight pitting from rust.

Any help greatly appreciated
    Wild Dog

Hi Wild Dog

Welcome to the forum.

I have made a copy of your post in the General Discussion sub forum http://www.australianbladeforums.com...knife-returned where members can answer your question.

Regards Dutchy
    Last edited by Dutchy357; 24-11-2012, 11:07. Reason: bloody typo
    Collector

Australian Military Knives

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws."
    Plato (427-347 BC)

"In politics stupidity is not a handicap."
    Napoleon Bonaparte

"The danger is not that a particular class is unfit to govern: every class is unfit to govern."
    Lord Acton (1834–1902)

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
    X