G'day everyone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G'day everyone.

Hi I'm Zippo and I joined this forum in the hopes of meeting like minded people. I've only been collecting for about 2 yrs and have only a modest collection, mostly Cold Steel and Ontario with a few others. Since the import bans on many folders I am finding it near impossible to find and add more to my collection. I am hoping here I can network and find some of the blades I am missing and to learn more about the edged world

See ya round the threads

Zip

Hi buddy, it a great place. I am also new and finding it very helpful and fun. Enjoy! Cheers... Ash

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
      Quantum physics is a bit of a passion of mine. It's extraordinary. There's a branch of mathematics that is based on lunacy, and that's wonderful.

- Bob Hoskins -

[email protected]

Associate member: Australian Knifemakers Guild

Comment

G'day Ash and thanx for welcoming me. I could use the help mate these laws have hit hard. I started noticing folders were disappearing from shelves so I looked into it and near fell on my but lol
        I had a huge list of folders on my must have list and every one of them is now illegal to import. They have all been bought and no more to replace them. I am now collecting fixed blades but it's not where my true love lays. I hope here amongst ppl of a like mind I might find what I'm lookin for

Comment

Thanx mate

Comment

Welcome. I am almost certain you fill find heaps of gear here!

Comment

Welcome Zip. Keep an eye out on the exchange...something good always comes up every now and then.

Comment

Welcome aboard
                Stewart Townsend
                Australian Knifemakers Guild

https://www.facebook.com/townsendcustomknives

The plural of knife is knives.
                One knife.
                Two knives.
                The plural possessive is knives'.

Comment

Welcome bloke.

Paul.
                  God sat back and said,Pauls,what is the meaning of life bloke?

Comment

Hi Zippo, I also collect fixed blades. Have a look at the exchange in this forum... There are heaps of fixed blades on sale. Otherwise have a look at Cutting Edge Knives (AUS) and Knife Center (US). You will get dizzy... so many awesome fixed blades. My must have list is so long now since I have joined this forum.

Cheers... Ash.

Comment

Welcome to the forum and i hope you find what you seek

Comment

Welcome to the forum mate.

Originally posted by Zippo Trimac View Post
                        I started noticing folders were disappearing from shelves so I looked into it and near fell on my but lol. I had a huge list of folders on my must have list and every one of them is now illegal to import. They have all been bought and no more to replace them.
                        Same here, my must have list was over a page long before the bans. It was a nightmare when those came in, for all of us. So I got into slipjoints around that time and I really enjoy using and collecting them now. I pretty much prefer them to modern "tactical" folders these days mainly due to how well they slice with their thin carbon steel blades and they're super easy to sharpen, they look great too.

Comment

Working...
                        X