Hello from a newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from a newbie

This is my introductory post and while I'm an amateur maker of edged tools (chisels, scrapers, etc.), I haven't made any knives...yet.

I did three years at TAFE learning blacksmithing techniques and have set up a small coke/charcoal forge area where I'm discovering the pleasure and frustration of working steel.

I also snagged a gas forge kit from Niroc last Jan. and will soon be playing with that. It's built and has been fired up but not used as yet. Soooon!

I'm basically retired after 25 years in the film industry here, only going back to work when a feature comes in and they offer me enough to nose the grindstone again.

I hope to be picking up some ideas and techniques from whoever will share and will help out wherever I can.

Cheers

Kim

Hi Kim, thanks for the post and welcome.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman: Homer J Simpson.

Comment

Gidday Kim, welcome to the forum
      wave man AKA Dean
      my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC22..._as=subscriber
      "I will never make excuses for who I am. It's the way I was born. I am a Hunter a Bone Collector."
      "A gun, like any source of power is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it"

Comment

Welcome and looking forward to some very well produced WIP's and photos.
        ​​​​​​Knife Mads Gear ABF
        OKS by Shane Facebook

Comment

Hiya Kim Welcome to ABF and i look forward to seeing some of your creations

Comment

Working...
          X