Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Cairns

Hi there,

First of all, in my enthusiasm to get involved in the forums I had forgotten to come here and introduce myself, so my apologies to all.

My name is Chris and I live in Cairns. I've always had an interest in knives, but it has only been the last couple of years that I've been in a position where I could indulge myself and start exploring this interest. I like all kinds of knives and this is probably reflected in my modest collection. Since joining ABF I have been on a huge learning curve - there is so much knowledge here, it's great to be amongst people who have a similar interest. Am looking forward to continuing on the learning curve and joining in on the forums.

Cheers
    Chris

Welcome aboard
    Stewart Townsend
    Australian Knifemakers Guild

https://www.facebook.com/townsendcustomknives

The plural of knife is knives.
    One knife.
    Two knives.
    The plural possessive is knives'.

Comment

Many thanks

Comment

Thanks for the intro mate, never too late to introduce yourself!
        Australian Knife Magazine
        Editor

Comment

Hiya Chris Welcome to ABF and like Knife Knut Said never to late to say hi

Comment

G'day Chris. I hope you like it here.
            I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman: Homer J Simpson.

Comment

Welcome Chris; Used to live at Machans beach, worked at the tropical zoo at palm cove, & drove stretch limos in Port Douglas.
              Miss the easy going lifestyle. miss the fishing, the reef/rainforest, & the friendly people. Is where I plan to retire. Where in Cairns are you located?

Comment

Welcome mate. You'll like it here no doubt. Small world...I live just up the road at Gordonvale.

Comment

Welcome buddy!

Comment

Many thanks to all for the warm welcome.

Alica, in just a few weeks you've been an inspiration to my daughter - she thought she was the only female who liked collecting knives. For her 18th she asked for a HTM RKK Desert Enforcer - I love shopping for this young lady!

It certainly is a small world, I grew up at Palm Cove - just up the road from Machans Beach and currently live at Edmonton - just down the road from Gordonvale. Don't know if I could live anywhere else - think I've got the best camping, fishing and diving in the world right on my doorstep.

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Chris
                      Glenn Waters
                      www.instagram.com/glenn.waters
                      http://www.glennwaters.com http://www.facebook.com/#!/PocketArtByGlennWaters http://www.flickr.com/photos/glenn-i...7625177619931/

Comment

Gidday Chris, welcome to the forum
                        wave man AKA Dean
                        my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC22..._as=subscriber
                        "I will never make excuses for who I am. It's the way I was born. I am a Hunter a Bone Collector."
                        "A gun, like any source of power is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it"

Comment

Many thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by Wozfnq View Post
                            Many thanks to all for the warm welcome.

Alicia, in just a few weeks you've been an inspiration to my daughter - she thought she was the only female who liked collecting knives. For her 18th she asked for a HTM RKK Desert Enforcer - I love shopping for this young lady!

It certainly is a small world, I grew up at Palm Cove - just up the road from Machans Beach and currently live at Edmonton - just down the road from Gordonvale. Don't know if I could live anywhere else - think I've got the best camping, fishing and diving in the world right on my doorstep.
                            Hey Chris
                            Awwwww thats was lovely to hear i hope we get to see some of her collection on here

Comment

Will do, just have to work out the whole posting photo bit first - am a bit slow with modern technology

Comment

Working...
                              X