New Member.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member.

Hello all. I have been collecting knives for a few months, mainly of the Spyderco variety. So far I have a Delica, Caly3.5, Chaparral, and a Perrin PPT. Looking forward to learning heaps from more experienced collectors.

Welcome! Make yourself at home and don't mind the mess

Comment

Welcome. Those knives are steel, not iron.

Comment

Welcome to another Qlder.
        ​​​​​​Knife Mads Gear ABF
        OKS by Shane Facebook

Comment

Hello BigIron and welcome to the forum

Comment

Welcome to the forum mate!
            Australian Knife Magazine
            Editor

Comment

Welcome to the forum. How do you like the PPT? I think it's a very under rated knife. I really like mine, great blade shape and a really comfortable handle. Is your Delica FFG or Sabre ground?

Comment

Hiya Big Iron Welcome to ABF and i hope you score yourself some more spydies

Comment

I really like the PPT. Its in my pocket right now. You notice the weight after caring a delica but the handle is really comfy and the gimping on top of the blade means you can choke up on it a lot. The Delica has a combo edge and was my 1st spyderco. I'm not that keen on that blade now, no good for peeling apples

Comment

Welcome to the Forum bloke.

Paul.
                    God sat back and said,Pauls,what is the meaning of life bloke?

Comment

Originally posted by BigIron View Post
                      I really like the PPT. Its in my pocket right now. You notice the weight after caring a delica but the handle is really comfy and the gimping on top of the blade means you can choke up on it a lot. The Delica has a combo edge and was my 1st spyderco. I'm not that keen on that blade now, no good for peeling apples
                      Yeah the PPT certainly is heavy, especially for a knife with such a short blade, but once you get it in your hands you can see that the weight is totally worth it, a lot of thought has gone into the design of it. I have never been a fan of combo edges, especially on a blade as small as the Delica.
                      You have the beginning of a good collection, it's just a shame that with customs/laws it is going to be harder to expand it at the moment. But the exchange here is a good place to keep an eye on.

Comment

Off to a good start there, welcome, your wallet is in for a whole lotta hurting here!

Comment

Originally posted by BigIron View Post
                          ........ has a combo edge and was my 1st spyderco. I'm not that keen on that blade now, no good for peeling apples
                          That is the number one reason I don't usually carry a combo edge knife.
                          Welcome.

Comment

Yeah, I'm realizing that the import laws are making it hard to collect folders. Maybe i should have chosen fixed blades. Doesn't seem to be any problem importing very large fixed blade tactical knives clearly designed for combat/military use, but if your pocket knife with a 2 inch blade can be flicked open then its a danger to society. Not sure what the line of thinking is there! Anyway I suppose it makes the knives already here more valuable. Seems to be a lot of cheaper syderco's (tenacious and resilience etc) selling on ebay for several hundred dollars.

Comment

Gidday Bigiron, welcome to the forum
                              wave man AKA Dean
                              my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC22..._as=subscriber
                              "I will never make excuses for who I am. It's the way I was born. I am a Hunter a Bone Collector."
                              "A gun, like any source of power is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it"

Comment

Working...
                              X