Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Perth

Hello all.

My names Frank, im from Perth and have have just got into knife making. Ive made training knives for a few years and have decided to start teaching myself this great art form. Ive set up a small shop in my shed and have been collecting recycled steel (files etc) to start practising on.

Im interested in functional and affordable pieces and I like all blades associated with asian martial arts. Ive just finished my first knife (I'll post it in tbe custom thread) and have heaps of questions etc.

Id like to network with knife makers in Perth especially and am excited about finishing my first piece.

Welcome to ABF Frank I look forward to being able to see your future knives and WIP's

Comment

Welcome!!

Hi Frank

Welcome to the forum!

I am sure you will get plenty of help from the members. I am continually amazed at the quality of work produced by members here and their generosity with advice and assistance for newcomers.

Looking forward to seeing your work as it progresses.

Regards Dutchy
      Collector

Australian Military Knives

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws."
      Plato (427-347 BC)

"In politics stupidity is not a handicap."
      Napoleon Bonaparte

"The danger is not that a particular class is unfit to govern: every class is unfit to govern."
      Lord Acton (1834–1902)

[email protected]

Comment

Hello and welcome Frank, you will find a lot of advise and very freindly people willing to help out on ABF. i look forward to pic's of your work.

Comment

Welcome to ABF Frank

You have come to a good place to learn and share , I had never thought i would get the opportunity to make a knife , but through the generosity and knowledge of the members here , myself and others have been able to learn and begin a hobby in knife making.
          Good to see another west aussie onboard and looking forward to seeing your work.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Comment

Hi Frank
              Your definitely at the right place to learn more about knifemakng and all the associated mini crafts that knifemaking entails.
              Doug

Comment

Hi Frank! Great to see another WA knifemaker

Comment

Hi Frank, there is a heap of information and great people here too. Welcome from another new member.

Regards

Gavin

Comment

Welcome aboard
                    Stewart Townsend
                    Australian Knifemakers Guild

https://www.facebook.com/townsendcustomknives

The plural of knife is knives.
                    One knife.
                    Two knives.
                    The plural possessive is knives'.

Comment

Gidday Frank, welcome to the forum
                      wave man AKA Dean
                      my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC22..._as=subscriber
                      "I will never make excuses for who I am. It's the way I was born. I am a Hunter a Bone Collector."
                      "A gun, like any source of power is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it"

Comment

Hi Frank, wecome from Brisbane.

Comment

The other members have pretty much said it all Frank. Welcome aboard from a Sandgroper currently "over East". Looking back from the time I joined, the amount of new makers, new projects and information sharing has exploded. You'll find a lot of advice, info and encouragement here. Go the Dockers!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X