Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi all
    I am Andrew from Melbourne VIC, I just joined today as I am looking at getting a couple of knifes and surfed upon this site.
    I am a collector of things but never considered myself a collector of knifes untill I put together what I had, it turns out I have a dozen or so knifes, mostly in boxes from the 90s, a couple of used folders etc.

What I dont have is larger fixed blade knifes so this is where I'm looking. So far I have decided on a Randall #14 and also looking at some or thier other models such as the # 1 - 7, I have contacted customs about the #14 and all seems ok to import from the US, still waiting on what they say about the Randall #1.

My aim is to get myself a nice user (fishing, camping etc) and a couple for my collection, which will be the above mentioned knifes. So happy to have joined and looking forward to checking out this forum

Welcome aboard mate, plenty to see and learn here. Hope you enjoy your stay. You can post pics after 10 posts I think, don't be shy, show us what you got.
    Peter Del Raso
    Life Member
    Australian Knifemakers Guild

Comment

Welcome to ABF Andrew , keep your eye on the exchange if your looking to add to your collection , it has a tendency to burn a hole in your wallet

Comment

Yes I noticed its reall crappy at the moment, kind of took me by surprise because it was so good for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Del Raso Knives View Post
          Welcome aboard mate, plenty to see and learn here. Hope you enjoy your stay. You can post pics after 10 posts I think, don't be shy, show us what you got.
          Thanks Peter, the ones in boxes are Case Folders and a couple of swiss army in boxes. The knife that sits on my desk at home and gets used for pretty much everything is a well worn Benchmade, I do have a couple of unusual knifes which I will post pics on when I can.

Comment

Welcome from fellow newby, keen to see your pics too!
            Even when the world is at peace, a gentleman still keeps a blade by his side.
            - from the "Strategies of Wu."

Comment

Welcome to ABF Andy I dont think your going to have any issues bring a Randall Model 1 into the Country and i hope you enjoy it here

Comment

Hello and welcome Andy, you will find that i might not think your collecting knives, but spend any amount of time here and you soon will be!

Comment

Welcome to the forum and your new addiction.

Both those Randalls should be fine to bring in, but it's always safe to check with ACS.
                  Then you've got choices and options to think about...
                  Australian Knife Magazine
                  Editor

Comment

Gday Andy, welcome to the Abf, going straight to the top shelf with Randalls. I know of one serious Randall collector in Melbourne , so they do turn up locally as well.

Comment

Hi andyz welcome to the forum
                      i eat carbon fibre
                      http://s188.photobucket.com/home/INSK1LLER

Comment

Welcome mate.

Comment

Originally posted by International View Post
                          Gday Andy, welcome to the Abf, going straight to the top shelf with Randalls. I know of one serious Randall collector in Melbourne , so they do turn up locally as well.
                          Our very own Ausblade has one of the biggest collections of Randalls I've seen anywhere!
                          Check out some of his threads in the Gallery. Also knows a thing or two about importing these...
                          Australian Knife Magazine
                          Editor

Comment

Welcome!!

Originally posted by Andyz View Post
                            never considered myself a collector of knifes
                            Hi Andrew

Welcome to the forum.

Famous Last Words!! "never considered myself a collector"

If you have any three knives on a theme, you ARE a collector!!

I hope you enjoy your time here mixing with fellow addicts er I mean collectors!!

Dutchy
                            Collector

Australian Military Knives

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws."
                            Plato (427-347 BC)

"In politics stupidity is not a handicap."
                            Napoleon Bonaparte

"The danger is not that a particular class is unfit to govern: every class is unfit to govern."
                            Lord Acton (1834–1902)

[email protected]

Comment

Gidday Andrew, welcome to the forum
                              wave man AKA Dean
                              my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC22..._as=subscriber
                              "I will never make excuses for who I am. It's the way I was born. I am a Hunter a Bone Collector."
                              "A gun, like any source of power is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it"

Comment

Working...
                              X