Replying in the Exchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replying in the Exchange

Are we not able to reply to posts in the exchange unless we are GOLD ?.

No, anyone should be able to reply to a post.

Only gold members can create a new thread but anyone can reply.

Quantum physics is a bit of a passion of mine. It's extraordinary. There's a branch of mathematics that is based on lunacy, and that's wonderful.

- Bob Hoskins -

[email protected]

Associate member: Australian Knifemakers Guild

Comment

Worked just now but previously it stated i did not have permission so i went via pm, strange.

Comment

Can’t reply to exchange forum threads.
        all signed in and am getting this at the bottom left of the thread page.Click image for larger version

Name:	AE3D3908-9FAC-40DA-A054-7164B9157898.jpeg
Views:	118
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	692746

Comment

That's really strange, can you please log out and try again and let me know what happens.

Quantum physics is a bit of a passion of mine. It's extraordinary. There's a branch of mathematics that is based on lunacy, and that's wonderful.

- Bob Hoskins -

[email protected]

Comment

Same.....have tried with Safari, Chrome, Firefox......still will not allow me to reply to an exchange thread.

Comment

This one has me stumped for the moment. It may take a bit to work it out, what thread were you trying to reply to?

- Bob Hoskins -

[email protected]

Comment

Have tried hitting the ‘Post Reply’ button in a few exchange threads in Production Knives and Gadgets & Gear. Will PM seller, but not ideal for other potential buyers.

Comment

Taskmaster I know you have probably done this but can you please try the following, I need to get an idea of exactly what steps you take and exactly when the error message occurs.

Go to whatever thread you get the problem.
                  Scroll right to the end of the last post in that thread.
                  Enter something, (e.g. this is a test), in the edit box where it says "Write something ..."
                  Click on the "Post Reply" button below that.

So far you are the only one, (apart from Timmy who no longer has the problem), who has reported this and I need to try and determine if there is some sort of weird permissions thing going on or it is something specific to your account.

- Bob Hoskins -

[email protected]

Comment

I get the same message at the bottom
                    sigpic

Comment

Milo

​​​​​​​The plot thickens ...

Did you do exactly what I described above when you got the message?

- Bob Hoskins -

[email protected]

Comment

I've made a couple of permission changes, could you guys please try again.

- Bob Hoskins -

[email protected]

Comment

Pics of the bottom of each of 3 separate exchange threads.......still the same.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	04C75CD2-2E05-46FA-A401-60CF7B204928.png
Views:	105
Size:	347.9 KB
ID:	692849 Click image for larger version

Name:	65F46F3B-B94D-46D6-935D-CFC5039EB71B.png
Views:	102
Size:	308.6 KB
ID:	692850 Click image for larger version

Name:	4D7BEACC-C811-47B8-9EDB-BB5E196FBFAA.png
Views:	100
Size:	2.06 MB
ID:	692851

Comment

Still can’t reply in the exchange.......so all deals are done through PM......!!??

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmaster View Post
                              Still can’t reply in the exchange.......so all deals are done through PM......!!??
                              I have not been able to discover why only two people can't reply. I am still working on it.

- Bob Hoskins -

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X