Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LC76 (Ironbark Knives)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Tarrabah View Post
    Bloody nice, great usable design, and yeah, I'm hearin' ya' with all the filing, what steel did you use, Leigh?

    I'm going to get my next lot of nekid knives cut out here https://newjerseysteelbaron.com/

    I believe you can have any steel they stock?, I'll be getting 3V, of course


    Thanks mate...This ones 80crv2........I cant even begin to imagine hand filing all that in 3V lol

    Comment


    • Some great practical work my friend.
      thanks for sharing.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by mitch13 View Post
        Some great practical work my friend.
        thanks for sharing.
        Thanks mate ......I can honestly say I wouldnt have got to this point without the help and friendships in this forum/group of awesome people

        Comment


        • Hey everyone...I recently completed a commission/custom job.

          I was shown some knives the customer wanted the style to be based around and was then let loose to do my interpretation.

          4mm thick 52100 steel










          Last edited by LC76; 09-06-2021, 11:05.

          Comment


          • Cont.










            Comment


            • Cont.







              And the completed project







              Comment


              • Very nice. I take it customwrs initials?
                thanks for sharing

                Comment


                • Originally posted by mitch13 View Post
                  Very nice. I take it customwrs initials?
                  thanks for sharing
                  Thanks Mitch

                  BFAM.....Brother from another mother

                  Comment


                  • And now we have to pretty much pack up and be ready to move house

                    Jess and I had never experienced an "open for inspection" before and had been in this current house for 10 years.
                    The Real estate agent gave us the impression she would be escorting a few people through the house and it would all be very painless ect ect blah blah.

                    What happened is the agent turned up made sure we were ready.....then stood at the front door and let about 15-20 people wonder through the house unsupervised.

                    A few of the couples had children who were allowed to run around our home unsupervised aswell.

                    One woman was taking photos in each room .....I confronted her and asked her to stop,then she started to argue with me claiming it was ok because she was there on behalf of another family......I was trying my best not to explode.

                    Then one of the blokes started taking photos and video...WTF....I confronted him too ......he backed off pretty quick and apologized






                    ​​​​​​​I just copied and pasted this from my facebook post


                    "UPDATE.......
                    So after a humiliating and degrading "Open for inspection" day last Saturday in our rental home, the house is sold.
                    And the new owners have issued a notice to vacate.

                    So I guess Ironbark Knives is on pause for a while.
                    Depending on what property we end up having to accept, it could be indefinitely.

                    Maybe in hindsight I shouldn't have had a confrontation with the potential buyers who were taking photos in each room,or tried to stand up to the real estate agent........
                    But we still live in and pay rent for this house and I'm a very private and proud person.
                    So wish us luck"
                    Last edited by LC76; 09-06-2021, 11:35.

                    Comment


                    • Good luck, Leigh, hope it all goes smoothly getting in to a new place

                      plenty of room on this little rock, mate, you probably wouldn't even notice the winters...too much

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Tarrabah View Post
                        Good luck, Leigh, hope it all goes smoothly getting in to a new place

                        plenty of room on this little rock, mate, you probably wouldn't even notice the winters...too much
                        Dont tempt me mate I bloody love that little rock..and have a few other friends there.....hmmm.....tempted

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by LC76 View Post

                          Dont tempt me mate I bloody love that little rock..and have a few other friends there.....hmmm.....tempted
                          There might not be a pot of gold at the end of this rainbow, but come Sunday, there will be some of the country's hottest cars



                          you'd also have to get used to fighting for a decent spot on the beach



                          and if you don't mind a bit of the white stuff



                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by LC76 View Post
                            And now we have to pretty much pack up and be ready to move house

                            Jess and I had never experienced an "open for inspection" before and had been in this current house for 10 years.
                            The Real estate agent gave us the impression she would be escorting a few people through the house and it would all be very painless ect ect blah blah.

                            What happened is the agent turned up made sure we were ready.....then stood at the front door and let about 15-20 people wonder through the house unsupervised.

                            A few of the couples had children who were allowed to run around our home unsupervised aswell.

                            One woman was taking photos in each room .....I confronted her and asked her to stop,then she started to argue with me claiming it was ok because she was there on behalf of another family......I was trying my best not to explode.

                            Then one of the blokes started taking photos and video...WTF....I confronted him too ......he backed off pretty quick and apologized






                            I just copied and pasted this from my facebook post


                            "UPDATE.......
                            So after a humiliating and degrading "Open for inspection" day last Saturday in our rental home, the house is sold.
                            And the new owners have issued a notice to vacate.

                            So I guess Ironbark Knives is on pause for a while.
                            Depending on what property we end up having to accept, it could be indefinitely.

                            Maybe in hindsight I shouldn't have had a confrontation with the potential buyers who were taking photos in each room,or tried to stand up to the real estate agent........
                            But we still live in and pay rent for this house and I'm a very private and proud person.
                            So wish us luck"
                            Feel for you ,
                            we are going through the same, 5 open houses saturday in the last 7 weeks and several mid week. i said to the wife, maybe I should invoice them for my time
                            Hang in there

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by mitch13 View Post

                              Feel for you ,
                              we are going through the same, 5 open houses saturday in the last 7 weeks and several mid week. i said to the wife, maybe I should invoice them for my time
                              Hang in there
                              In Victoria theres a limit of two per week.........I cant imagine going through what your going through....I'd go postal
                              Not sure about other states but also in Victoria you now get half a days rent back or $30 which ever is greater for each open house inspection
                              Last edited by LC76; 09-06-2021, 13:00.

                              Comment


                              • Yeah it's fun.
                                here you ask for a rent reducrion but aren't required to, yep only twice a week here too.
                                I should have said for several weeks it was once during the week and Saturday morning. Im over it, i go and hide out the back with the dog We'll get there.
                                Last edited by mitch13; 09-06-2021, 13:31.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X